If this is your first time pregnancy, your first doctor’s visit can seem a little overwhelming. You’ve learned the basics about pregnancy but what else should you know and expect? If you aren’t sure what to ask your doctor, then look no further. We’ve compiled a list of the top questions to ask your doctor to give you the most information during your pregnancy.
- Do I have travel restrictions?
- What position should I sleep in?
- How is my due date determined?
- How often will I visit you during pregnancy?
- What remedies do you recommend to ease morning sickness?
- Are there any restrictions on intimacy throughout my pregnancy?
- What type of prenatal vitamin do I need and how will they help the baby?
- When labor begins, at what point should I call you and/or go to the hospital?
- What are the signs of preterm labor (early labor)? How could this affect me and the baby?
- When’s a good time to call you with questions and who should I call if you aren’t available?
- What should I do if I… Don’t feel well? Cramp? Spot? Have a fever? When should I call you?
- What do you recommend for exercise? Are there any activities I should avoid while pregnant?
- What kind of diet should I follow? What do you recommend I eat and drink a lot of, and what should I avoid?
- What symptoms should I expect, and how can I manage them? What’s normal, and what should I call you about?
- What is the normal amount of weight to gain during pregnancy and how much weight should I gain, and at what rate?
- What over-the-counter medications are safe, and in what amount? Are there any I should avoid? Are the prescription medications I’m currently taking safe? If not, what can I take or do instead?
While you may have other questions, these ones should cover most if not all of the bases. And feel free to ask any more that pop into your head! Your doctor works for you and they are there to help make this journey as relaxing and comfortable as they can, beginning to end.